Sunday, June 05, 2005

Oh My goodness! What did we just do??????

We've been house hunting for almost a year now, and we've always said it will be a couple of years before we actually purchase, because we had some bills to pay off and then a down payment to save for. So even though we were looking, we weren't actually going to buy.

Well today we were out house hunting and came back to the very first place we started last summer. The builder told us he had a wonderful inventory home that sounded like what we wanted, and if we close by the end of this month, he'd take care of our down payment and closing costs! That meant all we'd need to get in the house was the cost of the gas to get out there and of course the ink to sign the hundreds of papers. :o)

So....... we looked at the house---3 bedrooms but I really wanted 4 so that I had a "ME" room. It didn't have the leaded glass door like I wanted either, but I could buy one at Home Depot for cheaper than what it would cost to have it added, and I'd have a better selection. No biggie. This builder included stove, refrigerator, washer, dryer, dishwasher, microwave, ceiling fans in all bedrooms, living room and gameroom, automatic garage door opener, and mini blinds on all windows. At no extra cost!!!

Before I knew what hit me, I was writing a check for the earnest money, and making an appointment to meet w/ the mortgage company tomorrow night! We have to move quickly because the deal is void if we don't close by June 29. YIKES!!!! So now we wait to make sure we are approved for our house loan and then start packing and tossing. We've lived in our current house for 14 years and have accumulated a LOT of stuff!!! Looks like it's garage sale time for me!!!

I'm so excited to be a first time home buyer! I have so many ideas of how I want to decorate my new house. Both boys will have their own bedrooms and I will finally have bedroom with a door with a working lock, and a bathtub that I don't have to clean out the boats and toys before I get in the tub! :o)

Here is the link to our house!
http://www.lennar.com/lennarhomes/homes/plan.asp?planID=6500&ComID=4934&PLANSEARCH=true&DIVID=HONLEN

1 comment:

3outta5 said...

Wow Robin, that is SO COOL!!! Do you have any pictures of the outside yet? Would LOVE to see it!

G