Thursday, June 02, 2005

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME......

Yesterday, I turned 42. No big deal...Turning 40 was hard, turning 41 was sad for some reason...this year it's just a number. Guess that means I'm finally coming to terms w/ growing old! LOL

Birthdays became soething I dreaded because I could hear my biological clock ticking so loudly it was a time bomb---and each birthday brought me closer to not having my dreams of a big family fulfilled. The miraculous births of my two fantastic boys helped me to be thankful for what I have and even though it took me a while to get to this place, I'm very very happy with the size of my family and have moved on to other dreams for us.

I have to share the wonderful cards my hubby and son picked out for me. Picking out the RIGHT card has been important in our relationship right from the start. We've both spent hours reading cards at Hallmark to find the perfect one. Here are the cards I got:

From the boys---
there's a mommy frog and a child frog on the front and it says,
" Open your present, Mommy," he said.
"Where is it?" asked his mother.
"here!" He wrapped his arms around her mother and squeezed. "I made it myself!"
Inside--Armfuls of birthday hugs for you Mom.


From my honey----
"It's just another day" you say. "It's no big deal" you say. But to me, the anniversary of the day YOU came into existence is about the biggest deal there is.
Until you came along I never thought it was possible that one person could so totally steal my heart away. But tha's what you've done. One look at you and all I want to do is be near you, touch you, hear your voice, and hold you so close that it's impossible to tell where you end and I begin.
I think you're incredible, and what I want, more than anything is to try to make you as happy as you've made me--if that's possible.
In a way, I feel guilty...I mean, here it is YOUR birthday, and yet I'm the one who gets to enjoy the gift...the gift of you and your love.

The cards made my cry---having hugs from my wonderful sons was gift enough, because I am so thankful for them. Hubby's card said it all. I am truly a very blessed woman.

No comments: