Monday, January 14, 2008

DAY TWO CONTINUED---WE MADE IT TO DISNEY!!

After leaving the Speedway, we grabbed some lunch (McD's for the boys, Burger King for us) and hit the road towards Orlando. I was worse than the boys---I wanted to get there NOW!
The boys looked at the park maps and planned their rides, then got out their journals to write about the Daytona part of their trip. Finally, I saw the signs ---- we made it!! Seeing the sign welcoming me to Walt Disney World fulfilled a life long dream----something I'd wanted to see since I was a little girl watching the Wonderful World of Disney on tv on Sunday nights. I got goose bumps just seeing it---it stirred Eddie too....neither one of us had ever been here before.
Then it was on to Pop Century. I checked us in and as I waited in line for the next CM, I got tears in my eyes. I'd worked so hard to get this planned and I so wanted this to be the most perfect week. Our room was ready so we went straight to our room--5109--first floor right in front of the little kiddie splash pool. We passed all these cute windows filled with Christmas lights and special towel animals. I never thought about bringing anything to decorate it for the week ----something I'll definitely think about doing next time.
I'd ordered Goody paks and instead of delivering them to the room, they just gave me the box when I checked in. So the boys opened the box as soon as we were settled. They were a HUGE hit---they used their bags all week, and I got a LOT of comments about them. It was nice to not have to carry their stuff all week too.
After we got settled, we headed to the Contemporary for dinner at Chef Mickeys. At first Kyle (my ultra-picky eater) wouldn't eat anything but a corn muffin w/ butter, but we threatened to go back to Texas the next morning if he didn't find something to eat, so he decided to try the mac and cheese and the pizza and surprisingly liked it. That's the only time we had any problem with him eating.....all week he ate like he hadn't eaten in weeks! LOL Guess it must have been all that exercise!
We saw Pluto, Mickey, Goofy, Donald and Minnie. The boys got all their autographs in their new books and took pictures with all of them.
After dinner, we headed to MK to see Wishes. We planned on taking the monorail, but it was 22 min to get there by rail and only 9 minutes to walk over so we walked. We'd brought a stroller for Kyle so he rode in style. lol
The castle was absolutely breathtaking and Eddie and I both cried during the fireworks. It was magical.
Then we walked around for a while---the crowd around the castle was horrendous, but once we got through, we were ok. We ended up near the Hall of Presidents so we decided to check it out. Since I'm a history teacher, I enjoyed it. Trey and Eddie are both history nerds too so they liked it. Kyle was bored so he climbed up on my lap and dozed off.
From there we wandered around some more, got our wristbands for EMH and came across POTC. Kyle didn't want to ride it so while Eddie and Trey rode, I called home so Kyle could tell his Gammy about WDW. There was no wait so as soon as they got off, Trey and I rode it while Eddie and Kyle watched some of Spectromagic.
Then we headed to Aloha Isle. Trey got a rootbeer float and Eddie and I shared the Dole whip. YUMMMY!
We headed back to the castle and got pictures taken. I had prepurchased the photopass cd, so I was on the lookout for photographers all week. We ended up with over 200 pictures so I don't think I did too badly. We then walked down Main St to head back to Pop.....it was snowing on Main Street!! how cool!
We took the monorail back to Contemporary and got our car to go home.

No comments: