Monday, January 14, 2008

Boys' Choice---Epcot




The original plan was to go to MGM in the morning and then head over to Epcot, but when they got up, they decided to only do Epcot. They slept in a bit, so we grabbed pop tarts, filled our cups at the food court, and took off for Epcot.
People were crazy that day---it took us 4 trams before we all got to the front gate. People were piling in w/ 8 and 10 in a row and the driver had to wait for people to get off, then they pushed other people out of the way to get on. Definitely not in the Disney Spirit. Sad.We got some more photopass pictures taken while we waited for Eddie to get in the park.
Then we headed for Test Track. While the boys rode it, I went to Soarin and got 2 Fp and to Mission Space and got 2. Soarin was already in the afternoon, w/ a 90 min wait, so needless to say, we didn't ride it that day...only the boys.
There was a 30 min wait for Nemo, so we rode that and then went to Turtle Talk. I was kinda disappointed because there really wasn't a lot of interaction...but that's because everyone seemed too shy to say anything. After that we headed for the World Showcase.....we saw O Canada! and then ran into the Brother Bears. The boys loved the red telephone booths, so we got their pictures in that. Then we went to England.....and saw Alice! I was excited, but she was getting ready to leave so I got a picture, but couldn't go up to "meet" her or get a picture together.
Then Eddie went back to Refreshment Port to get the boys McDs while I got us fish and chips. yummmo! the fish was so good.
Then we split up.....I stayed in WS while Eddie took the boys to MS and TT. I had about 2 hrs to wander around by myself!!! I loved it! I went to France and bought the boys coins from each of the countries---they thought those were really cool! In Morocco, I saw Jasmine and Genie.I took pictures of Snow White and Dopey in Germany. And then I went to Norway, picked up FP for the Maelstrom and got some yummy lefse in the bakery. I grew up in a predominantly Norwegian community and hadn't had kringla or lefse in years!
By then Eddie called---they were in Club Cool (again!!) so I headed over there to meet them.
We took more pictures, then headed over to Honey I shrunk the Audience. Before we went in we saw Figment, so the boys got their pictures taken w/ him and got his autograph. I HATED Honey I shrunk the Audience!!! I won't give it away, but I have too vivid an imagination and it felt REAL.
Next a few more pictures and then we headed to Maelstrom. I introduced the boys to lefse--they weren't impressed. We wandered around WS then, looking for something different and yummy to eat. I wanted Italian, but there's not a CS place there. How silly is that??? I would think that would be quite popular. Trey got a hot dog in America, we stood watching Rita Moreno doing the Candlelight Processional for a while, then headed on to France, where Eddie got the ham and Cheese croissant w/ strawberry tart and I got the quiche and creme brulee, which was ok but not that great. I have to admit I was disappointed.
Kyle was collecting the kidcot things on the mask and it got broken, so he started over....Eddie went back the way we came and picked up the ones he's already gotten and the boys and I headed towards England to get that one and Canada. Kyle got frenchfries at Refreshment Port, Then we went back to finally use our Soarin FP before the fireworks. We decided to skip the fireworks if we could all get on Soarin, but there was a 130 min wait at that time! Insane! Eddie met us just as the boys got off Soarin so we decided to head back to the hotel so we could start packing up.
The next day was check out day, but we still had a couple things planned....

No comments: