Wednesday, January 25, 2006

*~*~*~HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY LITTLE MRACLE!!!~*~*~*~*~*


Kyle is 4 today!!!! I decided to write down a little bit of what happened on the day of his birth....it was written in ParentsPlace PAL but I can';t seem to find it anymore...
1*24*2002
I hadn't felt Kyle move all day and was FREAKING out!! I'd made it so far in this pregnancy and I was so scared I'd lost him at the end...I was rushed in for an emergency U/S and we found out that I had very little amniotic fluid left, so the dr moved up my c sxn to 11:30 am on 1/25. I did my bloodwork and went home to get my bag packed and get Trey squared away.
8 pm-- I had just tucked Trey into bed and was packing the last of my things in my bag for the hospital. No sooner had I gotten him to sleep then L&D called...I needed to get to the hosp immediately. My bw was abnormal and baby's health was being compromised and needed to be delivered NOW! YIKES!!! I was totally freaked, but had to keep it together to make sure everything got done for Trey while I was in the hosp.
I told Eddie what the nurse had said but it obviously didn't register...he didn't even take contact stuff to take his contacts out. He was planning on dropping my off at the hosp and coming back home! MEN!
In L&D, as soon as I said who I was, nurses were scrambling to get me settled in a room and do more b/w STAT.... Then we had to wait for the lab to run the tests and it came back even higher than before---my kindeys were shutting down, my liver was trying to do the work of both organs, and my bp was up to stroke level. They had all kinds of machines on standby in case I coded. I got 2 transfusions prior to surgery because they were afraid I'd bleed out.
My dr and the anesthesiologist argued about when to do the sxn and I heard my dr say if we wait we will lose BOTH of them! Holy cow! I'd been worried about the baby--I'd come too far to lose him now, but there was a possibility that I could die too!!!
Facing your own mortality is a scary thing. I looked at Eddie but he hadn't heard the dr say anything so I didn't tell him what I heard...I just started giving him all kinds of instructions about what I wanted if I didn't make it. he didn't get it at the time, but later when the dr told us it would be touch and go, it scared him too.
You know how there are moments in time that are etched in your mind forever? the scared look on Eddie's face as they wheeled me to the OR will be one I'll never forget. I didn't know if I'd ever see him again....My dr's last words before he put me under--"hang in there Robin. I'm going to do all I can to pull you through!" Great! Just what I wanted to hear as I'm drifting off to sleep!
In the OR, there was a NICU team on standby, as well as a cardiology team, in addition to all of the OB team. It was pretty crowded. I found out later, that the nursery nurses had a prayer time for me while I was in the OR...I was known throughout the hosp! LOL
Even with all of that, we made it through and I now have a precious 4 year old getting moved to the PRE-K room at school next week!! and starting soccer next month! I look at that precious little boy and I thank God for allowing me to make it through a very difficult situation so that I can watch him and his brother grow up!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY DARLING KYLE

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow... what an experience. I am thankful to God that both you and Kyle made it through and he is an amazing miracle! Happy Birthday Kyle!!!!

Shiela Lee said...

Wow! What an amazing story!
Happy belated Birthday, Kyle!