Tuesday, March 14, 2006

A Day at the Beach


Last week, during Spring Break, I took the Boys to Galveston. Kyle had never been to the beach and Trey had only been a very few times. We took sand shovels and trucks and they played in the sand for quite a while. They probably could have stayed a whole lot longer just playing in the sand, but I was afraid that they'd get sunburned. It was a PERFECT day--overcast and windy so we weren't too hot. I could have stayed out there on such a gorgeous day too, but now that I have the beach "itch" again, and both boys enjoyed it so much, I'm sure we'll be going back again on my next vacation from school--Easter maybe???

We decided to take the ferry across to Bolivar Peninsula just to ride the boat and Kyle was excited about it until the captain sounded the horn. AS soon as he heard the loud foghorn, he RAN back to the car, got inside, buckjled up and grabbed his baby! LOL! I couldn't get him to come back out after that! As soon as we got across, he was ready to come back so we turned around and got back on the same ferry and came back to Galveston again.

They had so much fun...it's really cool to see these things through the boys' eyes, because you get to enjoy it all over again for the first time.

No comments: