Friday, October 18, 2019

Christmas 2008

Ok. So I'm a little late. If you know me, then you know this is typical for me.....I have good intentions, but Christmas is such a hectic, crazy time so I often have difficulties keeping up. Which means my blog most definitely takes a back seat to everything else.

This Christmas, we visited family. School got out on Friday and we left the next morning to travel to Illinois to visit my sisters. When we left Texas, the boys were wearing shorts and t shirts. It was probably around 75 degrees. By the time we made it to the hotel in Blytheville, Arkansas, which is on the Arkansas/Missouri border, the temp was down in the 40s. The boys decided to put on jeans and get their hoodies before we went out for dinner. We had a yummy Mexican dinner (well.....Eddie, Trey and I had Mexican--Kyle had McDonald's chicken nuggets) then went to Walmart to do a bit of last minute shopping before going back to our hotel to watch a Christmas movie and fall asleep.

The next morning, we ate breakfast and headed on to Illinois. It. was. COLD. The temp, when we got in the car, was 23. Definitely not what I was used to anymore. As the day progressed, we drove further and further north and watched the temp steadily drop. 20. 18. 15. 12. 9. 6. 4. 2. -1. -3. -6. It was FRIGID! And the wind chill made it feel more like -30!! It started snowing BIG flakes when we got around Bloomington, IL. It was so pretty. As long as we were inside the car, we really enjoyed the sights. The roads were clear. It was a little windy and that meant we were being blown around a bit on the road, but it was not that bad.

We finally had some bad roads when we got closer to my sister Staci's house....the country roads were icy and snow packed, so it was a bit dicey at times. We got to Staci's and glory be! she had a fire lit in the fireplace and that's where I stayed most of the afternoon----curled up on the sofa with a big cup of coffee right by the blazing fireplace. :o)

No comments: