Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Turkey Trot

*~*~*~*pictures to come later~*~"*~*~*

Kyle heard on the radio about the Turkey Trot, the annual race held uptown on Thanksgiving morning, that also included a kids' fun run. He said he wanted to run in it, so I looked it up online. When Trey saw me reading about it, he decided he wanted to run as well. So very early on Thanksgiving morning, we loaded up the car and headed into Houston so the boys could run. Trey ran Cross Country this fall, which was 2 miles, but he signed up for the 5K run, which is a little more than 3 miles so he had a much harder run than he'd ever done before. For a first timer, he did a pretty good time--running 5K in a little over 26 minutes. Kyle did the 1K kids' run. I was at the finish line, watching for him, but parents were pushing so badly, I somehow missed him.....my heart was racing while we looked for him in the crowd of runners and parents. After a crazed few minutes, he found his dad, who then brought him over to where Trey and I were frantically searching. We were so relieved! And Ky was so proud of his run, and the medal that all finishers received.

No comments: