Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Who I Am, Part One


I've been reading The Pioneer Woman's blog. In it she has her fascinating story of how she met her husband. And I could relate to parts of it because some it could have been MY story as well. And one of these days I will tell that story, but not today.

Today, I want to start at the beginning. For some reason, 2008 has been the year for me to become introspective and look at what I have and be thankful for it. To cherish what's around me and not stress about what I don't have. Normally, I think those kinds of thought occur when one is faced with a terrible illness or a great loss. Neither of these are a concern of mine at the moment, so don't freak out on me! LOL

Today, I'm just going to introduce myself, and look at my beginnings........

I am the first daughter of a truck driver and a stay at home mom. When I was born, most moms did not work outside of the home, and I never understood what a gift that was until recently. Trey, my oldest, is just beginning to get involved in many school activities. Every week, my husband and I sit down and figure out our schedules to see who will be available to pick him up after school. It was expecially important this week since he is on crutches and cannot ride the bus very easily. ( That's another story and I promise I will write about it soon.) Trey has had to shuffle events and be sure to get home in time to meet Kyle's bus on a couple occasions as well. I don't remember having to worry about not getting picked up or not having a ride, because Mom was always available to pick me up after volleyball or soccer practice, or get me to my events on time. I was even able to get out of school for dr/dentist visits because she was able to go during the day. Trey's and Kyle's appointments are made in the evening, when they want to play outside, or they're on the weekend at the after hours clinic. So, thank you, Mom, for being a stay at home mom. I love you for it.

No comments: