Monday, July 02, 2007

Summer Camp


Trey left today for a week at our church camp. He was so very very excited. He started packing last Monday, and has been going through his suitcase every day to make sure he had everything he needed. His 2 buddies, T and T ( we call them the Triple Ts---which could stand for Triple Trouble! lol) were going also, and all I heard all week was his plans for the 3 of them. This morning, he wanted to say goodbye to his dad before he went to work so he asked Eddie to wake him up. At 4:30, he was already awake, dressed and downstairs waiting for his dad to get up. ( He didn't have to be at church until 1 pm!!) All morning, I heard, "is it time to go yet? What time do we need to leave? How long does it take to get to church? "

I just pray that Trey gets as much out of camp as I did growing up.....my summers were spent at camp, first as a camper, then as a teen worker, and later as a counselor. Some of my most precious memories and closest friendships started in those old cabins at camp.


Kyle is spending his week camping also----we put the little pop-up tent in the living room and he's sleeping in there. He's been busy today planning all the fun things we're going to do this week. Tomorrow we're headed to the library for story hour and some new books/dvds and he'll probably try to con me into a stop at McDonald's as well.

No comments: